Drumbo 2009 Ambassador Competition
When: Saturday, August 15, 2009
Where: Drumbo Agricultural Hall
The Drumbo Agricultural Society and Drumbo Lions Club invite all young people, male & female, residing in the Drumbo Fair area to enter the Drumbo Ambassador Competition. Come out and enjoy the fun and experience you will gain as a participant in the 2009 competition. The winning contestant will receive a $500 Bursary upon successful completion of his/her duties. To learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply, please contact Laura Taylor at 519-462-5230.
- Contestants must be between 17-23 years of age.
- There will be a personal interview with panel of judges.
- Contestants will be expected to present a prepared speech, approximately 2 to 3 minutes in length, on "The Importance of Rural Communities".
- Contestants will also be expected to give a short impromptu speech at the time of judging.
Contestants will be judged on:
- Interview and speeches
- Community knowledge and involvement
- Presentation, deportment and personality
- Drumbo Fair: September 25-27, 2009
- Drumbo Fair Appreciation Night: October 16, 2009
- Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) District Meeting: November 2009
- OAAS Convention: February 19-20, 2010
- CNE Ambassador Competition: August 2010
- Various Drumbo Agricultural Society functions throughout the year
- Drumbo Harvest Carnival: August 15-16, 2009
- Santa Claus Parades: November and December 2009
- Various Community Events