Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Norma Mordue, Judy Shaw, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor, Jane Van Weerdhuizen, Eileen Wilson
Entries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 Noon and remain until 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2009 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “HORSIN' AROUND AT THE FAIR”. Please include where possible.
Golden Age (60 plus)
- Slippers, knitted or crocheted
- Coasters (2)
- Rug, any kind
- Cushion, any kind
- Doily, any medium, mounted
- Postcards (4), mounted
- Placemats (2), Autumn theme
- Tote Bag
- Picture of you and your grandchild or grandchildren mounted on Bristol Board
- Mitts, knitted
- Fair Memories - Old Picture of Drumbo Fall Fair
- Hanging Kitchen Hand Towel
- Plastic canvas item - Christmas theme
- Men only - woodworking item
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (60 plus) by Judi Meadows - $10.00
- Afghan, unusual pattern
- Afghan, granny squares
- Afghan, wave or zigzag pattern
- Guest Towel – crocheted edge
- Doily (mounted)
- Stuffed Animal or Toy
- Pot Holders – 2 different patterns
- Afghan, any pattern
- Lady’s or Man’s Cardigan
- Lady’s Pullover
- Fair Isle Sweater
- Adult sweater on circular needles
- Any article, made with bulky yarn
- Adult toque
- Men’s socks
- Specialty yarn item
- “New-Born” Toque (entries to be donated to local hospital)
- Carriage cover or blanket
- Child’s cardigan
- Child’s pullover
- Child’s toque or mittens
- Child’s slippers
- Infant’s 2 piece set (mounted)
- Infant’s hooded sweater
- SPECIAL by MARY MAXIM LTD. Knitted cardigan adult sweater made from yarn purchased from Mary Maxim Ltd, Paris. Sample of yarn and proof of purchase to accompany exhibit. $25.00 Gift Certificate.