Class P - Photography
Open to Grades 3 to 8 only based on grade as of June 1, 2009
Pictures must have been taken by EXHIBITOR within the past 2 years. No enlargements please. All photographs must be mounted on stiff paper or thin cardboard. Entry tag to be placed on the Upper Right Hand corner.
Sponsored by: DRUMBO SCHOOL COUNCIL
Single Print in ColourSection:
- A Humorous Photo
- My Best Friend
- Trick or Treat
- Mmmm Good!
- Closeup of a Flower
- "O Baby"
- Nature Closeup (no pets) - 3 prints
- Pets - 3 prints
- Horse(s) or Pony(s) - your choice - 3 prints
- My Family - 3 prints
Class P - SpecialsSection:
Class B - BakingOpen to Kindergarten to Grade 8 based on your grade as of June 1, 2009
All baking must be on a disposable plate and in a plastic Ziploc bag.
JIM'S LUNCH, PRINCETON
- Haystack Cookies (3)
- Homemade Trail Mix - in a Ziploc Bag
- Decorated cookie - cookie may be purchased. Decorate as a ladybug
- Cupcakes (3) decorated for Hallowe'en
- Homemade Oatmeal Cookies - (3)
- Create a Horse using marshmallows. Glue, toothpicks and accessories may be used. Please cover.
- Cookie ingredients in a jar. Attach recipe.
- "The Ugliest Cake" - Single layer cake from mix. Use your imagination to create an 'ugly cake'. Must be edible. Decorations not to overflow off the plate base.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Special (no nuts) - Open to youth ages 10-15 years (as of December 31, 2009), 6 cookies, no larger than 3" (6.75 cm) and no smaller than 2" (5 cm) on a plate. Overall champion will be decided from the 1st place winners in the Teen and School Fair. NOTE: This overall champion is eligible to enter the District Competition held in November 2009 and if successful, compete at the Provincial Competition in Toronto, February 2010.
Class B - SpecialsSection:
Class SP - SpecialsOpen to Kindergarten to Grade 8 based on your grade as of June 1, 2009
- Best Picture Collection of "Breeds of Horses", at least 10 breeds. Mount pictures on Bristol board; name the breeds. Sponsored by Dalrymple Insurance Ltd.
- History of the Remembrance Day Poppy. Sponsored by Princeton and District Museum.
- Fire Prevention (Fire Safety) Poster - hand drawn, min. 21.5 cm x 28 cm to max. 28 cm x 43 cm size, mounted on Bristol board to show a 2" border. Note: Entries may be used for Fire Prevention purposes and posted on the Drumbo Fire Dept. website. Sponsored by the Blandford-Blenheim Fire Department
- Up to and including Grade 4 as of June 1, 2009
- Grades 5 to 8 as of June 1, 2009
- My Parent(s): Then and Now - include pictures and a short write-up, mounted for display. Sponsored by the Ayr News
- Sun Catcher using tissue paper or crayon shavings pressed between two layers of wax paper - any theme. Sponsored by Global Village Women
- Hand Decorated Article of Clothing. Sponsored by Elaine Campbell
- Make a family time capsule in a shoebox, decorated to suit. Label items and explain things that are in the box and why they are important. Sponsored by Drumbo School Council
- Hobby Horse made from an old Broom. Sponsored by St. Francis Catholic School Parent Council
- Old School photo.Identify the school and (if possible) the individuals in the picture. Include any interesting facts. Sponsored by Oxford Branch Ontario Genealogical Society
- Write an essay titled "If I were Principal of My School, I would..." (may be typed). Sponsored by Princeton School Council
- A School Project of which you are proud. Sponsored by Grant McLaren
- Grade 3 & under as of June 1, 2009
- Grades 4 to 8 as of June 1, 2009
- Make your own Olympic Torch. Sponsored by Susan Elmes