Blenheim Township School Fair 2009
September 25th, 26th and 27th
(held in conjunction with the Drumbo Fair)
Committee: Co-Chairs: Eileen Hartig 519-463-5282 & Janet McLaren 519-463-5426, Cathy Bechard, Suzanne Langlois, Lynn Ruttan, Kris Sangers, Marg Verkuil, Anna Yeandle
THEME: Horsin' Around at the FairBlenheim Township School Fair 2009 (79.7 kB)
Parents are urged to allow their children to do the work and preparation for the exhibits without assistance. Please encourage them in every way and help them to get their exhibits to the School Fair for registration. Please read the rules with your children and help them to understand these rules.
- School Fair is open to all children, regardless of where they reside.
- IMPORTANT RULE: School Fair is based on your Grade as of June 1, 2009, not the Grade that you are enrolled in at Fair time
- All work must be completed since the previous Fair and must be done by the exhibitor.
- No pupil may make more than one entry in any section of a class.
- Disqualification shall occur when an exhibit:
- has been entered in an incorrect grade category
- is clearly not the work of the exhibitor
- is not "new" work (completed since last year's Fall Fair).
- No entry fee for school fair
- Orange coloured School Fair Entry Tags must be securely fastened to all exhibits. Print clearly your first and last name, school name and your grade as of June 1, 2009. Entry form may be printed from the website. School Fair Tags and Entry Forms will be available in mid-September at the schools, at Drumbo Variety, Drumbo Opportunity Centre, Princeton Post Office and at the Fair Grounds as listed below.
- Entries will be received at the Fair Grounds on Thursday, September 24th, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm and on Friday morning, September 25th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and must remain on display until 3:30 pm, Sunday, September 27th. NOTE: The School Fair tent will close at 3:00 p.m. Sunday to allow directors time to prepare for removal of exhibits. Exhibitors please make arrangements for all articles to be picked up between 3:30-4:30 pm on Sunday. Prize Money will be available between 3:30-4:30 pm, Sunday, September 27th in the School Fair Tent.
- Elementary age exhibitors (12 Yrs & older) may also wish to enter in the Intermediate Department. A membership fee is required.
- Directors shall take every precaution to secure the safety of the exhibits but cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- There will be No Lego, K'nex, Duplo, etc. allowed.
- A plaque sponsored by the Cowan Family in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the exhibitor with the most points in School Fair. The plaque will be placed on permanent display in the Agricultural Hall.
- Medallions in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the top 3 exhibitors with the most points in School Fair.
- All display items must be done by the students in the 2008-2009 school year.
- The school will receive $10.00 for each display
- Each display to be identified with a title and suggest a definite theme. Include the name of the school
- Table space provided. Please limit each display to 10 items.
- Displays are not judged.
All of the Special Prizes will be presented at the Fair Appreciation Night to be held Friday, October 16, 2009. You will receive notification about this.
To be placed in large tent Friday, September 25th, 2009