Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Jean Shoemaker, Judy & Gary Stephenson, Laura Taylor, Jane Van Weerdhuizen, Eileen Wilson
- Entries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 Noon and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
- NOTE: Our theme this year is “COME CELEBRATE - 160 YEARS!”. Please include where possible.
Golden Age(60 plus)
- Lady's slippers
- Knitted article for a grandchild
- Handwriting: O Canada, mounted on bristol board
- Fair memories - old picture(s) of Drumbo Fair mounted on bristol board
- Looking back - picture(s) of your youth mounted or framed
- Handmade item for a baby's room
- Tote bag
- Mitts - knitted
- Hanging kitchen towel
- Men only - woodworking item
- Afghan, unusual pattern
- Afghan, granny squares
- Afghan, wave or zigzag pattern
- Guest Towel – crocheted edge
- Doily mounted
- Stuffed Animal or Toy
- Pot Holders – 2 different patterns
- Afghan, any pattern
- Lady’s pullover
- Fair Isle sweater
- Adult sweater - circular needles
- Any article, made with bulky yarn
- Adult toque
- Men's socks
- Specialty yarn item
- “New-Born” Toque (entries to be donated to local hospital)
- Carriage cover or blanket
- Child’s cardigan
- Child’s pullover
- Child’s toque
- Child’s slippers
- Infant’s 2 piece set (mounted)
- Infant's hooded sweater
- SPECIAL by MARY MAXIM LTD. Knitted cardigan adult sweater made from yarn purchased from Mary Maxim Ltd, Paris. Sample of yarn and proof of purchase to accompany exhibit. $25.00 Gift Certificate.
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (60 plus) by Judi Meadows - $10.00