YOUTH POSTER COMPETITION
- Class YP
"Promoting Drumbo Fall Fair" Original Hand Made Design
Class 1: Junior up to and including Grade 6 (Grade as of June 1, 2010)
Class 2: Youth Grade 7 to Grade 12 (Grade as of June 1, 2010)
Rules and Guidelines
- Theme: Promoting "Drumbo Fall Fair". (Include the name and date of the fair on your poster)
- Poster must be hand drawn
- Poster Size: Minimum 8 1/2 " x 11" (21.5 x 28 cm) Maximum 11" x 17" (28 x 43 cm)
- Each entry must be mounted on black Bristol board with a 2" (5 cm) border.
- Clearly label on the back of poster: artist's name, age, grade, school and Class 1 or 2
- Winning entries will represent our fair at the Youth Poster Competition held at the fall Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) District Meeting. The District winners will compete for monetary prizes at the OAAS Convention in February 2011.
- First place entries will also be displayed at the Fair Appreciation night in October.
- Judging Standards: Overall appearance, 20 points; Attract and hold attention, 30 points; Competition theme clear, 40 points; Quality materials/end product, 10 points.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition Class CC
Grade 4 to Grade 9 as of June 1, 2010
- Three (3) cookies, no larger than 3" (6.75 cm) and no smaller than 2" (5 cm) on a plate. No nuts. The winner of this class will be asked to bake 8 cookies for the District Competition held in November 2010.
Country Fair Baking Contest
On behalf of our sponsoring products, Fleischmann's Yeast, Robin Hood Flour and Mazola Oil, it is our pleasure to include these special categories.
Special Note for Country Fair Exhibitors:
- All entrants must use the sponsor's product and include a product label as proof of purchase with each entry.
- A copy of the recipe that you use must accompany each entry.
- All entries will be judged on appearance, taste, texture and creativity of recipe and presentation.
- All first prize winners will be asked to sign a release form which gives permission to the sponsor to use the winner's name, recipe and photograph in any other advertising or publicity without payment.
Grade 7 and under
- Homemade squares or bars (3) - Best Lunchbox Snack. Must be made with Robin Hood Flour. Proof of Robin Hood Flour purchase and your recipe must accompany the squares or bars. Prize: $15.00.
- One loaf of bread made in a bread machine. May be any type of bread but must be made using Fleischmann's Yeast. Recipe and proof of Fleischmann's Yeast purchase must accompany the bread. Prize: $15.00
- Homemade Muffins (3) using Mazola Corn Oil. Recipe and proof of Mazola Corn Oil purchase must accompany the muffins. Prize: 1st $15.00 and Gift Prize, 2nd $10.00 and Gift Prize
Grade 12 and under