Beef Cattle Show
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Start Time: 12:30 sharp
All Cattle enter through South gate - off Maitland St
Committee: Wayne Gurney (Chair) 519-463-5970, George Kyle, Martin Mason
Sponsored by 519-463-9888
- Must have a 2011 Membership. A 15% entry fee will be deducted from prize winnings.
- No entry fee is deducted or Membership required for 4-H exhibitors, unless they enter in the Adult (Open) classes.
- Open to all breeds of beef cattle
- All entries must be owned by exhibitor
- All cattle to be on fairgrounds by 10:30 a.m. Sat., Sept.24 and remain until 4:30 p.m.
- Straw to be supplied by exhibitor
- Exhibitors will be allowed two entries per section to a maximum of three sections
- Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own liability insurance, and may be required to show proof.
|Prize List – Exceptions as Noted|
CLASS Open 4-H Beef ClassesSection
- Senior Showman, age 16 & over
- Junior Showman, age 10 to 15 years
CLASS Open Beef Cattle Show - All Breeds
- Bull calf - Born after January 01, 2011 to June l, 2011
- Bull - Yearling bull born January 01, 2010 to December 31, 2010
- Champion bull – Ribbon Only
- Female Heifer - Born after January 01, 2011 to June 01, 2011
- Female Heifer - Born after January 01, 2010 to March 01, 2010
- Female - Born April 01, 2010 to December 31, 2010
- Female - Born in 2009 with her own calf at foot. Cow and calf to be shown as a pair
- Female - Born prior to 2009 with her own calf at foot. Cow and calf to be shown as a pair. Calf may be shown in Section 1 or 4 and 10
- Champion Female - Ribbon Only
- Breeder's Herd - A group of four animals bred by exhibitor. Both sexes must be represented, must have been shown in previous classes. One entry per exhibitor