Drumbo 2011 Ambassador Competition
When: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Where: Drumbo Agricultural Hall
The Drumbo Agricultural Society and Drumbo Lions Club invite all young people, male & female, residing in the Drumbo area to enter the Drumbo Ambassador Competition. Come out and enjoy the fun and experience you will gain as a participant in the 2011 competition. The winning contestant will receive a $500 Bursary upon successful completion of his/her duties. To learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply, please contact Laura Taylor at 519-462-5230.
- Contestants must be between 17-23 years of age.
- There will be a personal interview with panel of judges.
- Contestants will be expected to present a prepared speech, approximately 2 to 3 minutes in length, on "Life in a Rural Community".
- Contestants will also be expected to answer a short impromptu question at the time of judging.
Contestants will be judged on:
- Interview and speeches
- Community knowledge and involvement
- Presentation and personality
- Drumbo Fair: September 23-25, 2011
- Drumbo Fair Appreciation Night: October 21, 2011
- Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) District Meeting: November 2011
- OAAS Convention: February 16-18, 2012
- CNE Ambassador Competition: August 2012
- Various Drumbo Agricultural Society functions throughout the year
- Drumbo Harvest Carnival: August 20-21, 2011
- Santa Claus Parades: November and December 2011
- Various Community Events