Handicrafts and Hobbies
Handicrafts, "Grandma's Linen Closet!", Christmas, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Gary & Judy Stephenson, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen
RULES *NOTE NEW ENTRY DATES and TIMES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “BARNS - IT'S A COUNTRY THING!”. Please include where possible.
- An article displaying counted cross stitch
- Shopping bag made of fabric
- Patio cushion
- Handmade greeting card
- Decoration using "Barn" theme
- Scrapbooking Page - "Barn theme"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Anniversary"
- Scrapbooking Page – "Best Friends"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Graduation"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Pets"
- Decorated treaure box
- Penmanship - 4 line poem
- Picture pressed flowers ready to hang
- Rug, any medium
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Article of painted/glazed ceramics
- Stained glass article
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar
- Two placemats
- Two pot holders
- Party favour
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Any other article of needlepoint
Specials sponsored by (late) Edith McLaren
"Grandma's Linen Closet" - (not new work)
- Hand embroidered tea cloth
- Crocheted collar
- Tatted item
- Smocked item
- Monogram item
- SPECIAL:Poster or mounted display - "Our Disappearing Barns" Sponsored by Global Village Women
- Grapevine wreath
- Tree ornament
- Handcrafted card
- Christmas apron
- Gift basket suitable for Nursing Home resident
- Tree skirt
- Runner or table topper
- Snowman - any medium maximum 12" high
- Scrapbooking page - "Christmas on the Farm"
- Christmas placemats (2)
- Handcrafted Christmas Jewellery
- Most uniquely wrapped gift
- Needle felted Christmas ornament
- Article made from recycled jeans
- Halloween costume
- Something sewn for your pet
- Doll outfit displayed on doll
- PJ Bottoms
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor