School & TeenFair 2011
Pre-School to Grade 12
For further information call Eileen Hartig 519-463-5282 & Janet McLaren 519-463-5426
THEME: Barns - It's a Country Thing!
Rules : NEW ENTRY TIMES & DATES
- Bring your entry form and exhibits to the School Fair Tent on Thursday, September 22nd, from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. or on Friday morning from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. only.
- School & Teen Fair is open to all young people regardless of where they reside. There is no entry fee.
- IMPORTANT: School & Teen Fair entry levels are based on your Grade as of June 1, 2011, not the Grade that you are enrolled in at fair time.
- All work must be done by the exhibitor. Parents and teacher may offer advice and encouragement only.
- All work must be completed since the previous fair. Exhibitors may make only one entry in any section of a class. There may be additional or different rules at the beginning of a class.
- There will be no Lego, K'ex, Duplo, etc. allowed.
- Prize money is as follows, except where otherwise indicated. 1st Prize: $2.50, 2nd Prize: $2.00, 3rd Prize: $1.50. Ribbons will be awarded up to sixth place. The point system will be as follows: 1st place - 6 points; 2nd place - 5 points; 3rd place - 4 points; 4th place - 3 ponts; 5th place - 2 points; 6th place - 1 point.
- Carefully list your entries on an Entry Form: e.g. you have petunias to enter in the Flowers Class, indicate as Class" F" (for flowers), Section: 6, Description of Entry: Bouquet of Petunias. Don't forget to include your school and grade level on the form.
- An orange coloured Entry Tag must be completed and secured to each of your exhibits. (Hint: pickup & complete your Entry Tags & Entry Form ahead of time!)
- The School Fair Tent will be closed to the public during judging and will re-open Friday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Pick up your entries on Sunday between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Prize money will be available at this time in the School Fair Tent.
- Get your Entry Tags Early....at Blenheim District & St. Francis schools, Drumbo Variety, Drumbo Opportunity Centre (DOC), Bright, Innerkip, Plattsville and Princeton Post Offices and the Fair Office 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. on the Thursday of the Fair.
A plaque sponsored by the Cowan Family in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the exhibitor with the most points in School Fair, (K-Gr 8). The plaque will be placed on permanent display in the Agricultural Hall.
Medallions in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the top exhibitor in each of the following: Pre-school, JK&K, Gr 1&2, Gr 3&4, Gr 5&6, Gr 7&8. A medallion sponsored by Lorene Stott, will be awarded to the top exhibitor at the High School level.
The Special Prizes will be presented at the Fair Appreciation Night to be held Friday, October 21, 2011. You will receive notification of this evening.
To be placed in large tent Friday, September 23rd, 2011
Art DisplayEach school entering a display (triangle of 3 (4x8) styrofoam boards) will be awarded a prize of $35.00. These displays are non-competitive. The name of the school must be clearly shown.
Each school will receive $15.00 for a display of your students work from the past year (may include work from September 2011). Each display should be identified with a title and suggest a definite theme. Please include the name of the school. Table space will be provided but please limit each display to 12 items. Displays are not judged.