Antiques and Nostalgia
Committee: Laura Taylor (chair 519-463-5230), Linda Clare, Marilyn Murray, Lynn Stotesbury
Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- All exhibitors must have a 2012 Membership.
- Antiques must be at least 75 years old.
- Exhibitors may only enter 1 entry in each section.
- Exhibitors must own the article exhibited.
- Historical interest and approximate age of item would be appreciated.
- Articles will be removed from display area only by DAS Directors.
- Exhibitors tags must be securely fastened.
- Items will be judged on age and condition
NOTE: We will do our best to return all entries in the condition in which you brought them. However, all antiques and nostalgia items are exhibited at the owner's risk.
Section 1 to 10 "HOMEMADE PIES" sponsored by Drumbo & District Heritage Society
- 'Grandma's' Old-fashioned pie recipe
- Sugar or Flour Bag
- Flour Sifter
- Measuring Spoon(s)
- Rolling Pin
- Egg Beater
- Apple Peeler
- Pie Plate
- Serving Plate and Fork for piece of pie
- Photo - family reunion. Please provide where, when & names, if possible
- Photo - at least three generations, named
- Photo - family homestead, short history attached
- Oldest photo of 'My Ancestor' - please date
- Family souvenir - pin, crest, etc.
- Piece of family jewellery (man), short history attached
- Piece of family jewellery (woman), short history attached
- Autograph book
- Post Card (to/from family member)
- Greeting Card (to/from family member)
- Tea pot
- Cream & sugar
- Cup & saucer
- Tea cloth
- Child's tea set
- Tea strainer
- Picture of a local sports team or individual
- Local sports award - medal, trophy, etc.
- One piece of local sports equipment or uniform
- House or business
- Child at work or play
- Drumbo Fair
- "A Stumper" - What is it? Stump the Judge! Identify the article and its use and place answer in attached envelope
- Postcard Collection (3) - Blandford-Blenheim scenes
- 2 pieces of house-keeping equipment from the early 1900's era. Sponsored by Kobbler's, Ayr
Section 11 to 20 "FAMILY TIES" sponsored by Barbara Blake in memory of Bernard Blake
"TEA TIME" Section 21 to 26 Sponsored by Phil Harmer and Janet Harmer in memory of their parents, Ray & Esther Harmer
"SPORTS" Section 27 to 29 Sponsored by Drumbo Old Boys Slo-Pitch. Items must not have been shown in this section before.
PRE 1930 PHOTOS. Sponsored by Dennis & Linda Baker
Section 33-34 Sponsored by Princeton & District Museum