Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue,Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen.
RULES **NOTE ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
- NOTE: Our theme this year is “HOMEMADE PIES AND FAMILY TIES!”. Please include where possible.
Golden Age (65 plus)
- Lady's slippers
- Knitted article for a grandchild
- Something new from something old
- Old pictures of life on the farm
- You must have been a beautiful baby. Your baby picture framed or mounted
- Minimum of 10 old clothing buttons creatively mounted
- Mitts - knitted
- Hanging kitchen towel
- Handmade book mark
- Afghan, unusual pattern
- Afghan, granny squares
- Afghan, wave or zigzag pattern
- Frilly crocheted scarf
- Prayer shawl
- Pot Holders – 2 different patterns
- Afghan, any pattern
- Lady’s pullover
- Fair Isle sweater
- Adult sweater - circular needles
- Any article, made with bulky yarn
- Adult toque
- Men's socks
- Specialty yarn item
- New-Born Toque (entries to be donated to local hospital)
- Quick knit blanket
- Child’s cardigan
- Child’s pullover
- Child’s toque
- Child’s slippers
- Infant’s 2 piece set, mounted
- Infant's hooded sweater
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE(65 plus) by Judi Meadows - $10.00