Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Spinning and Weaving
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue,Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen.
NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES: Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 to 10:00 andremain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2012 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “Homemade Pies and Family Ties!
Note: Judges are to judge skein of yarn. Article does not have to be completed.
Spinning and Weaving sponsored in memory of Edith McLaren.
- Spin a variegated yarn. Do a 10 yard skein and a 6" x 6" sample or article. Name the fibre(s).
- Spin tencel or cotton with silk for lace. Do a 10 yard skein and a 6" x 6" sample or article Name the fibre(s).
- Weave a towel in a technique new to you. Name the fibres and technique.
- Weave a gift for a special friend. Name the pattern and fibres
- Find and Finish. We all have unfinished projects. Let's finish just ONE and tell its history of when it was started and why it remained undone for so long. Weavers - submit the finished article and name the fibres and pattern. Spinners - submit a 10 yard skein and the finished article. Name the fibres and spinning technique. Tell your story on a 4" x 6" card and attach it to your article.