Handicrafts and Hobbies
Handicrafts, "Grandma's Linen Closet!", Christmas, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue,Rhonda Otte, Gary & Judy Stephenson, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen
RULES *NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “HOMEMADE PIES AND FAMILY TIES!”. Please include where possible.
- An article displaying counted cross stitch
- Shopping bag made of fabric
- Patio cushion
- Handmade greeting card
- Homemade pie carrier
- Scrapbooking Page - "Holiday"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Birthday"
- Scrapbooking Page – "Best Friends"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Graduation"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Pets"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Grandchildren"
- Penmanship - write the following poem:
- "We've baked the pies you all like the best
- And are willing now to stand the test
- The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
- And the pies we serve there is no beating."
- Handmade greeting card for family birthday
- Rug, any medium
- Hand hooked rug
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Piece of handmade pottery
- Stained glass article
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar
- Two placemats
- Two pot holders
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Any other article of needlepoint
"Grandma's Linen Closet" - (not new work)
- Hand embroidered tea cloth
- Crocheted collar
- Tatted item
- Smocked item
- Monogram item
- Grapevine wreath
- Tree ornament
- Handcrafted card
- Tree skirt
- Runner or table topper
- Snowman - any medium
- Scrapbooking page - "Family Christmas
- Christmas placemats (2)
- Decorated Christmas lantern
- Most uniquely wrapped gift
- Needle felted Christmas ornament
- SPECIAL: by Handicraft Committee in memory of Jean Shoemaker. A box, basket, pail, etc. decorated for Christmas and filled with non-perishable items. All entries to be donated to Domestic Abuse Services, Oxford. Prizes: 1st, $5.00; 2nd, $4.00; 3rd, $3.00 and $2.00 to all other entries.
- Holder with dispenser for plastic bags
- Reusable shopping bag
- Reusable book bag
- PJ Bottoms
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor