Baking, Canning, Etc.
Committee: Jackie Rodger (Chair) 519-632-7500, Tillie Marshall, Maxine Hewitt, Marelene Perry
RULESEntries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 noon and remain until 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
No mixes or commercial fillings allowed.
All Bread and Loaves to be in plastic bags. Pan size for Loaves approximately 23x13x7.5 cm or 9’x5”x3”.
All cupcake and muffin papers to be removed.
Place smaller items, i.e. muffins, cookies, tarts, etc. on appropriately sized paper plate inside a ziplock bag.
Cakes to be removed from pan; place on sturdy base.
|30-36||Refer to each section|
- Loaf of White Bread made in bread maker
- Banana Loaf, no artificial flavouring
- Lemon Loaf
- Display of 3 varieties of Muffins, 2 each
- Apple Muffins, 2
- Carrot Muffins, 2
- Scones, 3
- Tea Biscuits 3
- Butter Tarts, 5
- Sheep shaped cookies on plate, 3
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, baked, any kind, 6
- Peanut Butter Cookies, 6
- Date filled Oatmeal Cookies, 3
- Unbaked Squares, 3
- Unbaked Cookies, 3
- Brownies, 5
- Date Squares, 3
- Apple Pie
- Peach Pie (not custard)
- Elderberry Pie
- Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie
- Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Cupcakes, iced, 3
- Chocolate Fudge, plain, 5, 1” pieces
- Divinity Fudge, 5 pieces
- Almond Bark, 5 pieces
- Nuts & Bolts Mix, 1 litre
- Popcorn Balls on plate, 3
- Fresh Fruit Salad, 1 serving
- Afternoon “Tea for Two’. Sponsored by Blenheim Dumfries Farm Women’s Club. Judged on presentation only. 1st -$10.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00
- One Layer Carrot Cake, iced. Sponsored by Robert Jones Insurance. 1st-$5.00; 2nd-$3.00; 3rd-$2.00
- Any variety of Bread made in breadmaker. Sponsored by Ash Lawn Farm. 1st, $6.00; 2nd, $5.00; 3rd, $4.00
- Muffins, made using honey, 5, recipe to be attached. Sponsored by Honey House Apiaries, Plattsville. 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize of Honey
- Best Double Crust Apple Pie. Sponsored by Baker Sheet Metal Ltd. First prize retained by donor. 1st-$10.00; 2nd,-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00.
- Six Decorated Cupcakes on plate - decorated as sheep theme. Sponsored by Jackie Rodger. 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00
- 60% Whole Wheat Bread Competition. Full loaf of bread to be entered. Include recipe. Winner of this class is eligible to enter the district competition. Pan size: 2OxlOx7cm to 23x13x7.5 cm (8x4x2.5” to 9x5x3”). 1st-$6.00; 2nd-$4.00; 3rd-$3.00
- Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam, cooked
- Raspberry Jam, cooked
- Strawberry Jam, freezer
- Peach Jam, freezer
- Peach Jam
- Crab-Apple Jelly
- Grape Jelly
- Beets, Pickled
- Pickled Baby Corn
- Dill Pickles
- Nine Day Sweet Pickles
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Any Other Pickles, named
- Mustard Pickles
- Hot Dog Relish
- Chili Sauce
Yeast Breads and Rolls
Loaves, Muffins and Tarts
Cookies and Squares
One Piece Only (except in Section 34)
Cakes and Cupcakes
Candy and Snacks
(Organizations not eligible to enter specials)
Fasten entry tag securely on each jar with an elastic or string.
(pint or 500 ml jars - sealed)
Jams, Jellies and Marmalade
(6 to 9 oz. or 250 ml jars - sealed)
Pickles and Relishes
(pint or 500 ml jars - sealed)