Handicrafts and Hobbies 2013 cont'd
Spinning and Weaving
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson and Laura Taylor.
NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES: Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 to 10:00 and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2013 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “Drumbo Fair - Udderly Amazing!
Note: Judges are to judge skein of yarn. Article does not have to be completed.
Spinning and Weaving sponsored in memory of Edith McLaren.
- Spin a fibre of your choice. Do a 10 yard skein and a 6" x 6" sample of article. Name the fibre.
- Spin 3, 5 yard skeins of your choice. Name the fibre(s).
- Spin your choice of fibre(s) on a drop spindle. Do a 10 yard skein and a 6" x 6" sample. Name the fibre(s).
- Weave an article of your choice using a rosepath pattern. Name the fibre(s).
- Weave an article of your choice in twill. Name the fibre(s).
- Weave an article with sparkly yarn. Name the technique and fibre(s).