Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Bonnie Csinos, Judie Demarest, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Lois Leuszler, Norma Mordue, Laura Taylor and Pat Varey.
NOTE: ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2013 Membership.
Section 119-123 sponsored by Dennis, Linda & Craig Baker in memory of Roy C. Baker. Section 124-129 sponsored by Drumbo Agricultural Society.
- Walking stick
- Bird house
- Lawn ornament
- Wooden block, designed. 5" x 5"
- Bread/cutting board
- Article of wood turning
- Box or container
- Scroll saw item
- Any article crafted from wood - Decorative
- Any article crafted from wood - Functional
THE RUPERT ELMES SPECIAL for the most creative woodworking entry. Judge's choice donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00 and rosette.
Must be made by exhibitor
- Door decoration
- Wall decoration
- Birdhouse or bird feeder
- An article of metal work
- Inukshuk - no larger than 24"
- Welcome sign
- Decorated milk stand
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Theme for 2013 is "Drumbo Fair - Udderly Amazing!". Minimum of 15 items. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering a display representing their organization.
- Hobby Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 3' of table space.