Handicrafts and Hobbies
Class 82 E,F,G
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Norma Mordue, Judy Shaw, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor, Jane Van Weerdhuizen, Eileen Wilson
Entries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 Noon and remain until 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2008 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “OUR FAIR’S FOR EWE”. Please include where possible.
Golden Age (60 plus) - Class 82E
- Slippers, knitted or crocheted
- Drumbo Fair Prize List, prior to 1970
- Rug, any kind
- Cushion, any kind
- Doily, any medium, mounted
- Postcards (4), mounted
- Placemats (2)
- Tote Bag
- Picture of you and your grandchild or grandchildren mounted on Bristol Board
- Mitts, knitted
- Fair Memories - Old Picture of Drumbo Fall Fair
- Hanging Kitchen Hand Towel
- My favourite craft, from a kit
- Hand embroidered pillowcases
- Looking back - 2 pictures of your youth, mounted or framed
Crochet - Class 82F
- Afghan, unusual pattern
- Afghan, granny squares
- Afghan, wave or zigzag pattern
- Any article of clothing
- Guest Towel – crocheted edge
- Doily (mounted)
- Stuffed Animal or Toy
- Pot Holders – 2 different
- Any Article not listed above
Knitting - Class 82G
- Afghan, any pattern
- Lady’s or Man’s Cardigan
- Lady’s Pullover
- Fair Isle Sweater
- Adult sweater – circular needles
- Any article, made with bulky yarn
- Adult toque
- Men’s socks
- Specialty yarn scarf
- “New-Born” Toque (entries to be donated to local hospital)
- Carriage cover or blanket
- Child’s cardigan
- Child’s pullover
- Child’s toque or mittens
- Child’s slippers
- Infant’s 2 piece set (mounted)
- Infant’s hooded sweater
- Any other item, not listed above
- SPECIAL by MARY MAXIM LTD. Knitted cardigan adult sweater made from yarn purchased from Mary Maxim Ltd, Paris. Sample of yarn and proof of purchase to accompany exhibit. $25.00 Gift Certificate.