Drumbo 2014 Ambassador Program
When: Saturday, August 16, 2014
Where: Drumbo Agricultural Hall
The Drumbo Agricultural Society and Drumbo Lions Club invite all young people, male & female, residing in the Drumbo area to enter the Drumbo Ambassador Program. Come out and enjoy the fun and experience you will gain as a participant in the 2013 program. The winning contestant will receive a $500 Bursary upon successful completion of his/her duties. To learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply, please contact Virginia Dibble at 519-608-3095 or Kristin Gurney at 519-458-8332.
- Participants must be between 17-23 years of age.
- There will be a personal interview with panel of judges.
- Participants will be expected to present a prepared speech, approximately 2 to 3 minutes in length, on "Life in a Rural Community".
- Participants will also be expected to answer a short impromptu question at the time of judging.
Participants will be judged on:
- Interview and speeches
- Community knowledge and involvement
- Presentation and personality
- Drumbo Fair: September 19-21, 2014
- Drumbo Fair Appreciation Night: October 17, 2014
- Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) District Meeting: November 2014
- OAAS Convention: February 19-21, 2015
- CNE Ambassador Competition: August 2015
- Various Drumbo Agricultural Society functions throughout the year
- Drumbo Harvest Carnival: August 16-17, 2015
- Santa Claus Parades: November and December 2014
- Various Community Events