Antiques and Nostalgia 2014
Committee: Laura Taylor (chair 519-463-5230), Linda Clare, Marilyn Murray, Lynn Stotesbury
Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- All exhibitors must have a current Membership.
- Antiques must be at least 75 years old.
- Exhibitors may only enter 1 entry in each section.
- Exhibitors must own the article exhibited.
- Historical interest and approximate age of item would be appreciated.
- Articles will be removed from display area only by DAS Directors.
- Exhibitors tags must be securely fastened.
- Items will be judged on age and condition.
- Items must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
NOTE: We will do our best to return all entries in the condition in which you brought them. However, all antiques and nostalgia items are exhibited at the owner's risk.
Section 1 to 10 sponsored by Drumbo & District Heritage Society
- WW1 Photo with name & short history
- Photo album
- Autograph book
- School year book
- Ontario road map
- Valentine card
- Christmas card
- Comic book
- Funeral card
Section 11 to 20 sponsored by Barbara Blake in memory of Bernard Blake
- Teddy bear
- Piece of doll house furniture
- Collection of marbles, not more than 10, in display box
- Doll - not over 24"
- Story book
Sponsored by Dennis & Linda Baker:
- Drumbo Area Business Calendar
- Drumbo Area Post Card Collection (3)
Sponsored by Princeton & District Historical Society:
- "A Stumper" - What is it? Stump the Judge! Identify the article and its use and place answer in attached envelope
- Princeton Area Postcard Collection (3)
Sponsored by Cowan-Anderson Montrose Farm, celebrating 140 years as a Local Family Farm:
- With use of photos, written information, media(audio/visual) and artifacts, etc. describe life on a family farm of about 100 years ago. Does not have to be your own family farm. Must include the line: "2014 International Year of Family Farming". Maximum of 3' table space.
"I LOVE MY CAR/TRUCK" Sponsored by Phil Harmer and Janet Harmer in memory of their parents, Ray & Esther Harmer.
- License plate - pre 1950
- Hood ornament
- Car/truck brochure or manual
- Magazine ad - mounted
- Photo old car or truck
- Any other collectible not mentioned
"SPORTS" Sponsored by Drumbo Old Boys Slo-Pitch.
- An inspiring Canadian Athlete - short write-up and picture
- An old piece of sports equipment - please tell owner and approximate age
- A sports 'collection'