Handicrafts and Hobbies 2014 cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson and Laura Taylor.
RULES **NOTE ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. Exceptions noted.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
- NOTE: Our theme this year is “PAWS AWHILE AT THE DRUMBO FAIR!”. Please include where possible.
Golden Age (65 plus)
- Lady's slippers, handmade
- Knitted or crocheted article for a grandchild
- Handmade scarf
- Scrapbook page - family.
- Minimum of 10 old clothing buttons creatively mounted
- Your largest and smallest button (one of each) mounted
- Handmade toy from textiles
- Handmade tote
- Hanging kitchen towel
- Mitts - handmade
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (65 plus) by Judi Meadows - $15.00
- Afghan, no larger than 60" x 72"
- Afghan, baby, approx. 36" x 48"
- Prayer shawl
- Place Mats (2)
- Dish cloth
- Bulky yarn - any item
- Infant's Hooded Sweater
- Any crocheted item not listed (no afghans)
MOST POINTS in Crocheting - $15.00
Knitting sponsored in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family
- Afghan, any pattern
- Lady’s pullover or cardigan
- Frilly scarf
- Fair Isle sweater
- Man's pullover or cardigan
- Any article made with bulky yarn
- Adult toque
- Specialty yarn item
- New-Born's toque (entries to be donated to local hospital)
- Lap or baby blanket
- Child’s cardigan
- Child’s pullover
- Child’s toque
- Child’s slippers
- Infant's hooded sweater
- Any knitted item not listed (no afghans)
Most Points in Knitting - by Global Village Women - $15.00
JUDGE'S CHOICE for most creative knitting entry - in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family - rosette and $10.00.