Handicrafts and Hobbies 2014 cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Bonnie Csinos, Judie Demarest, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Lois Leuszler, Norma Mordue, Laura Taylor and Pat Varey.
NOTE: ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
- All exhibitors must have a 2014 Membership.
- Wood carving
- Item turned on a lathe
- Item made with a router
- Any decorative item crafted from wood
- Any functional item crafted from wood
THE RUPERT ELMES SPECIAL for the most creative woodworking entry. Judge's choice donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00 and rosette.
Must be made by exhibitor
- Article of metal work
- Garden sign
- Any item not listed
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Theme for 2014 is "Paws Awhile at the Drumbo Fair!". Minimum of 15 items. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering a display representing their organization.
- In recognition of the International Year of Family Farming - With use of photos, written information & artifacts, etc. describe what a family farm is, what life on a present day family farm is like. May be your own farm or a farm anywhere in the world. Include the line “2014: International Year of Family Farming” Maximum of 3’ table space. Open to individuals and organizations. Sponsored by Cowan-Anderson Montrose Farm, celebrating 140 years as a Local Family Farm.
- Hobby Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 3' of table space.