Handicrafts and Hobbies 2015 cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Bonnie Csinos, Judie Demarest, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Lois Leuszler, Norma Mordue, Laura Taylor and Pat Varey.
NOTE: ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
- All exhibitors must have a 2015 Membership.
- Wood carving
- Item turned on a lathe
- Item made with a router
- Functional item for the kitchen
- Decorative item
THE RUPERT ELMES SPECIAL for the most creative woodworking entry. Judge's choice donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00 and rosette.
Must be made by exhibitor
- Wind chimes
- Bird house
- Bird feeder
- Decorative banner/flag pole holder
- Any item not listed
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Tell us about your organization - and what it does in the community. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering. The club's display must also include their name.
- In recognition of Drumbo's 1979 Vietnamese Boat People Initiative - With use of photos, written information & articles, etc. tell the story of an item or items that a member of your family brought with them when they immigrated to Canada. Maximum of 3’ table space. Open to individuals and organizations. Sponsored by Carol and Ken Cowan-Anderson.
- Hobby Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 3' of table space.
Artistic Display Competition - for ages 9 to 21 only
- 100 Years of 4-H in Ontario!: Artistic Display Competition is open to ages 9 to 21. You do not have to be a 4-H member and you do not need a membership to enter. Depict a topic related to 4-H using seeds, grains and field crop materials (even visit your local Bulk Barn for ideas). Display must be mounted on plywood. Maximum size 15 x 15" (37x37cm) by 1.5" (4cm) deep. Be creative. If including the 4-H logo, ensure it is the 4-H Canada/Ontario logo. Samples may be found at www.4-hontario.ca/media