Handicrafts and Hobbies 2015
Handicrafts, Scrapbooking, "Grandma's Closet", Celebration Corner, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
RULES *NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
- Attach entry tags to entries.
- An article displaying counted cross stitch
- Fabric shopping bag
- Decorator cushion
- Hand-woven scarf
- Hand-woven shawl or wrap
- Hand-woven placemats (2)
- Rug - any medium
- Rug - hand hooked
- Article of hand hooking (not a rug)
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Piece of handmade pottery
- Stained glass article
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Handmade birthday card
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar - mounted
- Placemats (2) - not woven
- Two pot holders
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Doll - best dressed with handmade outfit
- Embroidered pillowcases (2)
- Fabric purse
- Have you finished an interesting craft only to find there is no section? Enter it here.
Most Points Handicrafts Sections 1-25 by Mary Maxim - $20.00 Gift Certificate
Scrapbooking - one page
- My vacation
- This is my town
- Special Moment
"Grandma's Closet" - (not new work)
- Tea Cloth
- Buffet/Dresser scarf (runner)
- Man's Handkerchief
- Lady's Fancy Handkerchief
- Baby Shoes
Celebration Corner sponsored by Willis United Church Women
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor
ST. VALENTINE'S DAY
- Homemade Chocolates (3)
- Centrepiece using flowers and candle(s)
- Easter Bunny - any material
- Decorated egg in egg cup
- Decorated T-shirt
- Autumn Wreath
- Table Centrepiece
- In Flanders Fields
- In Flanders fields the poppies blow
- Between the crosses, row on row,
- That mark our place; and in the sky
- The larks, still bravely singing, fly
- Scarce heard amid the guns below.
- Wreath or arrangement with poppies
- Handmade Stocking
- Table Runner
- Table Favour
- Decorated Garter
MOST POINTS in Celebration Corner by Dennis and Linda Baker - $15.00
- SPECIAL: In memory of Jean Shoemaker by her family. A "Welcome Basket or Box" filled with non-perishable items. All entries to be donated to Domestic Abuse Services, Oxford (DASO). Prizes: 1st, $6.00; 2nd, $5.00; 3rd, $4.00 and $3.00 to all other entries.
- P.J. Bottoms
- Boxer Shorts
- Bib Apron
- A Half Apron
- Tea Cosy