Handicrafts and Hobbies 2015 cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson and Laura Taylor.
RULES **NOTE ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. Exceptions noted.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
Golden Age (65 plus)
- Lady's slippers, handmade
- Knitted or crocheted article for a child
- Handmade scarf
- Wooden toy
- Woodworking, your choice. Not to exceed 18"
- Toy made from textiles
- Hanging kitchen towel
- Mitts - handmade
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (65 plus) by Judi Meadows - $15.00
- Afghan, no larger than 60" x 72"
- Afghan, baby, approx. 36" x 48"
- Baby's dress
- Hat and scarf
- Dish cloth
- Infant's bonnet and jacket
- Bulky yarn - any item
- Any crocheted item not listed (no afghans)
MOST POINTS in Crocheting - $15.00
Knitting sponsored in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family
- Afghan, any pattern (no larger than 60" x 72")
- Lady’s sweater
- Man's sweater
- Fair Isle sweater
- Man's socks
- Socks - natural striping yarn
- Socks - made on sock machine
- Frilly scarf
- Adult toque
- Child's sweater
- Child's toque
- Child's mitts
- Lap or baby blanket
- Infant's hooded sweater
- New-born toque (all entries will be donated to a local hospital)
- Texting gloves or mitts
- Any article made with bulky yarn
- "Specialty" yarn item (no afghans)
Most Points in Knitting - by Global Village Women - $15.00
JUDGE'S CHOICE for most creative knitting entry - in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family - rosette and $10.00.