Committee: Eileen Hartig 519-463-5282, Marg Verkuil
Country Cupboard is sponsored in memory of Stuart Cowan by his family.
RULES and ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received Thursday (4:00-8:00 p.m.) and Friday (9:00-10:00 a.m.) and remain in place until Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
- All entries must be produced or made by the exhibitor.
- Amateur entries only.
|Prizes - exceptions as noted|
- Apple Butter - 250 or 500 ml in a sealed glass jar.
- Liquid Honey - 500 ml (1 pint) in a glass jar.
- Maple Syrup - 250 to 500 ml in a sealed, clear glass container or bottle.
- Fruit Juice - 250 or 500 ml in a sealed glass jar. List fruit(s).
- Herbal or Fruit Vinegar - 250 or 500 ml bottle, label with name of herbs or fruit used and date of preparation.
- Home-dried Fruit - displayed in a glass jar. Attach list of ingredients.
- Home-dried Vegetables - displayed in a glass jar. Attach list of ingredients.
- Hen Eggs - 1 dozen in a carton. Clearly label the name of the breed on your entry tag.
- Smallest fowl egg. Label name of the breed on your entry tag.
- Garlic Rope.
- Potpourri - suitably displayed in a glass container. Attach a list of flowers, herbs or spices used. No perfume or cologne to be used.
- Any one dried herb, labelled and packaged in a small preserves jar or spice bottle.
All entrants must use the sponsor's product.
- Bernardin Mason Jar & SNAP Lid Creative Craft Award: Best decorative or functional homemade craft made using a Bernardin mason jar(s) and/or 2-piece SNAP Lid (e.g. Potpourri, Candle, SnoGlobe). Prize: $20.00 Gift Certificate and a Rosette Ribbon.
- "Gift Pack" Competition: Create a Gift Pack for a special occasion. Must include at least 2 filled Bernardin mason jars sealed with Bernardin SNAP Lids. Maximum cost of container and components $40.00. Prize awarded based on creativity, visual quality of home canned product, perceived value and appropriateness of presentation. Your gift pack may include candles, candy, soup mixes, etc. - be creative with the contents and the container (does not have to be a basket). Judging will not include taste-testing. Prize: $20.00 Gift Certificate and a Rosette Ribbon.
Note - the first place winner in Sections 13 and 14 will be asked to sign a release form giving the sponsor permission to use, without payment, the winner's name and/or photograph of entry in any other advertising or publicity. Section 14 winner will also be asked to provide proof of purchase and an itemized description and cost of entry.