Beef Cattle Show
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Start Time: 12:30 sharp
All Cattle enter through South gate - off Maitland St
Committee: Chris Kyle (Chair) 519-632-7602, George Kyle, Martin Mason
Sponsored by 519-463-9888
- Registration at ringside. (11:30 - 12:30)
- Must have a current DAS Membership. A 15% entry fee will be deducted from prize winnings.
- No entry fee is deducted or Membership required for 4-H exhibitors, unless they enter in the Adult (Open) classes.
- Open to all breeds of beef cattle.
- All entries must be owned by exhibitor.
- All cattle to be on fairgrounds by 10:30 a.m. Sat., Sept.20th and remain until 4:30 p.m.
- Straw to be supplied by exhibitor.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own liability insurance, and may be required to show proof.
|Prize List – Exceptions as Noted|
CLASS Open 4-H Beef Classes
- Senior Showman, age 16 to 21 years
- Junior Showman, age 9 to 15 years
- 4-H Calf Class, steer or heifer, to be shown by 4-H member
CLASS Open Beef Cattle Show - All Breeds
- Bull calf - Born January 01, 2015 to June l, 2015
- Bull - Yearling bull born January 01, 2014 to December 31, 2014
- Champion bull – Trophy sponsored by Blenheim Dumfries Farm Women's Club
- Female calf - Born January 01, 2015 to June 01, 2015
- Female Junior Yearling - Born April 01, 2014 to December 31, 2014
- Female Senior Yearling - Born January 01, 2014 to March 31, 2014
- Female - Born in 2013 with her own calf at foot. Cow and calf to be shown as a pair. Calf may be shown in Section 4 or 7 and 13
- Female - Born prior to 2013 with her own calf at foot. Cow and calf to be shown as a pair. Calf may be shown in Section 4 or 7 and 13
- Champion Female - Trophy sponsored by Blenheim Dumfries Farm Women's Club
- Breeder's Herd - A group of four animals bred by exhibitor. Both sexes must be represented, must have been shown in previous classes. One entry per exhibitor. Trophy in memory of J.B. (Bernard) Blake.