Antiques and Nostalgia 2015
Committee: Laura Taylor (chair 519-463-5230), Linda Clare, Marilyn Murray, Lynn Stotesbury
Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- All exhibitors must have a current Membership.
- Antiques must be at least 75 years old.
- Exhibitors may only enter 1 entry in each section.
- Exhibitors must own the article exhibited.
- Historical interest and approximate age of item would be appreciated.
- Articles will be removed from display area only by DAS Directors.
- Exhibitors tags must be securely fastened.
- Items will be judged on age and condition.
- Items must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
NOTE: We will do our best to return all entries in the condition in which you brought them. However, all antiques and nostalgia items are exhibited at the owner's risk.
|24||$2.00 for each entry|
Section 1 to 10 sponsored by Drumbo & District Heritage Society
- Marriage certificate
- Liquor bottle
- Carnival glass, 1 piece
- Drumbo Fair memorabilia
- Red Rose Tea figurines (5)
- WW1 or WW2 memorabilia
- Wartime magazine
- Old coin - mounted
- Paper weight
- Book ends
Section 11 to 20 sponsored by Barbara Blake in memory of Bernard Blake
- Tin wind-up toy
- Door knob
- Candy dish
- Drumbo business memorabilia
- Egg cup
- Farm magazine - oldest
- Cutlery place setting
- School workbook
- Bed warmer
- Piece of stone crockery
Sponsored by Dennis & Linda Baker:
- Drumbo Area Business Calendar
- Drumbo Area Post Card Collection (3)
Sponsored by Princeton & District Historical Society:
- A "China" doll
- A Stumper" - What is it? Stump the Judge! Identify the article and its use and place answer in attached envelope
Sponsored by Carol and Ken Cowan-Anderson in recognition of Drumbo's 1979 Vietnamese Boat People Initiative:
- With use of photos, written information, media(audio/visual) and artifacts, etc. tell the story of a family's immigration to Canada prior to 1940. Maximum of 3' table space.
"THE 1950'S KITCHEN" Sponsored by Phil Harmer and Janet Harmer in memory of their parents, Ray & Esther Harmer.
- Table cloth
- Coffee percolator
- Souvenir tray
- Lunch pail
- Cookie jar
"SPORTS" Sponsored by Drumbo Old Boys Slo-Pitch.
- An inspiring Canadian Pan-Am 2015 Athlete - include a picture and short write-up
- A sports 'collectible'
- Trophy or plaque with short history telling where and when it was won