Blenheim Township School Fair 2008September 19th, 20th and 21st
(held in conjunction with the Drumbo Fair)
Committee: Co-Chairs: Eileen Hartig 519-463-5282 & Janet McLaren 519-463-5426, Cathy Bechard, Suzanne Langlois, Lynn Ruttan, Kris Sangers, Marg Verkuil, Anna Yeandle
THEME: Our Fair's for Ewe
Parents are urged to allow their children to do the work and preparation for the exhibits without assistance. Please encourage them in every way and help them to get their exhibits to the School Fair for registration. Please read the rules with your children and help them to understand these rules.
- School Fair is open to all children, regardless of where they reside.
- IMPORTANT RULE: School Fair is based on your Grade as of June 1, 2008, not the Grade that you are enrolled in at Fair time
- All work must be completed since the previous Fair and must be done by the exhibitor.
- No pupil may make more than one entry in any section of a class.
- Disqualification shall occur when an exhibit:
- has been entered in an incorrect grade category
- is clearly not the work of the exhibitor
- is not "new" work (completed since last year's Fall Fair).
- No entry fee for school fair
- Orange coloured School Fair Entry Tags must be securely fastened to all exhibits. Print clearly your first and last name, school name and your grade as of June 1, 2008. Entry form may be printed from the website. School Fair Tags and Entry Forms will be available in mid-September at the schools, at Drumbo Variety, Drumbo Opportunity Centre, Princeton Post Office and at the Fair Grounds as listed below.
- Entries will be received at the Fair Grounds on Thursday, September 18th, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm and on Friday morning, September 19th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and must remain on display until 3:30 pm, Sunday, September 21st. NOTE: The School Fair tent will close at 3:00 p.m. Sunday to allow directors time to prepare for removal of exhibits. Exhibitors please make arrangements for all articles to be picked up between 3:30-4:30 pm on Sunday. Prize Money will be available between 3:30-4:30 pm, Sunday, September 21st in the School Fair Tent.
- Elementary age exhibitors (12 Yrs & older) may also wish to enter in the Intermediate Department. A membership fee is required.
- Directors shall take every precaution to secure the safety of the exhibits but cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- There will be No Lego, K'nex, Duplo, etc. allowed.
- A plaque sponsored by the Cowan Family in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the exhibitor with the most points in School Fair. The plaque will be placed on permanent display in the Agricultural Hall.
- Medallions in memory of MARY COWAN will be awarded to the top 3 exhibitors with the most points in School Fair.
- A trophy sponsored by the Drumbo Agricultural Society will be awarded to the school with the most entries.
All of the Special Prizes will be presented at the Fair Appreciation Night to be held Friday, October 17, 2008. You will receive notification about this.
To be placed in large tent Friday, September 19, 2008
Art DisplayEach school entering a display (triangle of 3 (4x8) styrofoam boards) will be awarded a prize of $25.00. These displays are non-competitive. The name of the school must be clearly shown.
- All display items must be done by the students in the 2007-2008 school year.
- The school will receive $10.00 for each display
- Each display to be identified with a title and suggest a definite theme. Include the name of the school
- Table space provided. Please limit each display to 10 items.
- Displays are not judged.