Handicrafts and Hobbies 2017 cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
RULES **NOTE ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. Exceptions noted.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
Golden Age (65 plus)
- Hand knit socks
- Hand knit mitts
- Hostess gift, handmade
- Hand made poncho or cape
- Any article or picture made with pressed, natural flowers
- A handmade toy (not wooden)
- Embroidered article
- Collection of "pictures of my family" through the years, mounted
- Knitted or crocheted article
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (65 plus) by Judi Meadows - $15.00
- Afghan, no larger than 60" x 72"
- Afghan, baby
- Baby cuddle sack
- Child's hat and scarf set
- Dish cloth
- Carriage or car seat cover for baby
- Towel, crocheted trim
- Any crocheted item (no afghans)
MOST POINTS in Crocheting - $15.00
Knitting sponsored in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family
- Afghan, any pattern (no larger than 60" x 72")
- Lady’s sweater
- Man's sweater
- Chemo hat - made of 100% cotton using vibrant colours and provided pattern. Download Beanie Knitting Pattern Paton's here. All entries will be donated to Woodstock Hospital, chemo unit.
- Man's socks - hand knit
- Socks - natural striping yarn
- Child's mittens
- Child's socks
- Novelty scarf (hand knit)
- Texting mitts
- New-born toque (all entries will be donated to a local hospital)
- Lap or baby blanket
- Bulky yarn article
- "Specialty" yarn item
Most Points in Knitting - by Judi Meadows - $15.00
JUDGE'S CHOICE for most creative knitting entry - in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family - rosette and $10.00.