Antiques and Nostalgia 2017
Laura Taylor (chair 519-463-5230)
Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- All exhibitors must have a current Membership.
- Antiques must be at least 75 years old.
- Exhibitors may only enter 1 entry in each section.
- Exhibitors must own the article exhibited.
- Historical interest and approximate age of item would be appreciated.
- Articles will be removed from display area only by DAS Directors.
- Exhibitors tags must be securely fastened.
- Items will be judged on age and condition.
- Items must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
NOTE: We will do our best to return all entries in the condition in which you brought them. However, all antiques and nostalgia items are exhibited at the owner's risk.
|24||$2.00 for each entry|
Section 1 to 10 sponsored by Drumbo & District Heritage Society
- Collection of Canadian post cards, mounted
- Canadian maple syrup tin
- Any item featuring a beaver
- One dollar bill
- Two dollar bill
- Oldest Canadian silver dollar
- Newspaper or magazine (article or whole edition) featuring one of Canada's anniversaries
- Union Jack flag
- Canadian stamps - mounted (no larger than 8.5" x 11")
- Any item of Canadian historic value - not listed above
Section 11 to 20 sponsored by Barbara Blake in memory of Bernard Blake
- Oldest Drumbo fair ribbon
- Darning egg
- Piece of granite ware
- Pocket knife
- Pocket watch
- Sewing pattern
- Wedding or trousseau tea invitation
- Sewing basket
- Christening item
Section 21 to 22 sponsored by Dennis & Linda Baker:
- Local church program
- Local property tax bill
Section 23-24 sponsored by Princeton & District Historical Society:
- Heirloom Quilt, any size, made prior to 1950, not necessarily the work of the exhibitor. Please attach a short history of the quilt
- A Stumper" - What is it? Stump the Judge! Identify the article and its use and place answer in attached envelope
Section 25 to 29 sponsored by Phil Harmer and Janet Harmer in memory of their parents, Ray & Esther Harmer.
- Souvenir of 1950 Drumbo Old Boys Reunion
- Expo '67 souvenir
- Piece of Canadian pottery
- Piece of Canadian folk art
- Canadian holiday souvenir