Handicrafts and Hobbies 2019 cont'd
Golden Age, Crochet & Knitting
Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
RULES **NOTE ENTRY TIMES and DATES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 2:30 to 8:30 p.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. Exceptions noted.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
Golden Age (65 plus)
- Hand knit socks
- Hand knit mitts
- Hostess gift, handmade
- Hand made poncho or cape
- Any article or picture made with pressed, natural flowers
- Handmade toy (not wooden)
- Embroidered article
MOST POINTS in GOLDEN AGE (65 plus) by Len's Mill Store - $25.00 Gift Card
Knitting and Crocheting
Class sponsored in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family
- Afghan, any pattern (no larger than 60" x 72")
- Lap or baby blanket
- Lady’s sweater
- Man's sweater
- Child's sweater
- Summer weight top
- Chemo hat - made of 100% cotton using vibrant colours and provided pattern. Download Paton's Beanie Pattern here or pattern of your own choosing. All entries will be donated to Woodstock Hospital, Chemo unit.
- Adult's socks
- Socks - natural striping yarn
- Child's mitts
- Child's socks
- Novelty scarf
- Texting mitts
- Newborn's toque (all entries will be donated to a local hospital)
- Tea towel - with crocheted or knitted trim
- Dish cloth
- Bulky yarn article
- Specialty yarn item
Most Points in Knitting - by Len's Mill Store - $25.00 Gift Card
JUDGE'S CHOICE for most creative knitted or crocheted entry - in memory of Gladys Kyle by her family - rosette and $10.00.