Rules and Regulations for 2021 Fair Only
• No charge for membership this year only. Any 2019 prize money that was deducted for the 2020 fair’s membership will be carried forward to the 2022 fair.
• An exhibitor may enter as many articles/exhibits as they wish, but only one article per class, except in specified Livestock Classes.
• An Organization, Club or Partnership may enter as ‘one exhibitor’. Prize money will go to the Organization, Club or Partnership.
• Animals or articles entered for competition must be the bona fide property of the person entering them, and with the exception of animals, must have been grown, produced, manufactured or made in the present year by the person or persons entering them, unless otherwise specified.
• All exhibitors must abide by the rules of the Drumbo Agricultural Society.
ONLINE ENTRY & TAGS
• Exhibitors must make their entries online at www.drumbofair.com. For assistance, please contact the Fair Secretary.
• Entries must be made by Saturday, September 18, 2021 Contact Fair Secretary for information about obtaining entry tags or download tags from website.
• An entry tag must be attached to the article to serve as a means of identification at the Fair.
• The Drumbo Agricultural Society is committed to the safeguarding of personal information collected from exhibitors and members in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Personal information collected will not be sold or disclosed.
- All entry fees are used for prize money.
- A 15% entry fee will be deducted from prize winnings in the Heavy Horse, Miniature Horse and Beef Cattle Shows.
RECEIVING / PICKING UP EXHIBITS
• Entries (other than livestock) will be received on Monday, September 20, 2021 between 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
• Exhibits to be picked up on Sunday, September 26, 2021 between 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
• All judges are highly qualified in their field and are independent of the Drumbo Agricultural Society. No one shall be allowed to influence the judge before or during the judging of a class. No person shall judge in any class in which he/she may be an exhibitor.
• Judges shall have discretionary powers to withhold any prize where they deem an article unworthy. Judges may disqualify soiled, defaced or old work.
- The decision of the Judge is FINAL in awarding prizes and no appeal shall be considered except in the case of a protest. All protests must be made in writing and be delivered to the Secretary-Treasurer during or before the close of the Fair. The cause of the protest must be clearly stated and accompanied by a deposit of $20.00 which sum shall be forfeited if the protest is not sustained. The Directors will decide in all cases and their decision will be final.
• Prize money for adult classes will be paid by cheque during pick up of exhibits.
• All cheques issued in payment of prizes must be cashed by December 31st of same year or the exhibitor may forfeit the right to prize money.
• Prize money for School Fair exhibitors will be available during pick up of exhibits.
•In case there is an error in the printing of the Prize List, the Directors of the Society have the power to correct any errors.
- Hold Harmless Agreement: Upon making an entry the Exhibitor shall indemnify and Hold Harmless the Drumbo Agricultural Society, their members, agents and employees from and against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, actions, suits or proceedings by any third parties that may arise out of, or may attribute to, all operations performed by or carried out by the Exhibitor, his agents, employees, or servants, or anyone for whose acts he may be held liable, howsoever caused.
• Diligence will be used by the Officers and Directors of the Society to ensure the safety of articles sent to the exhibition but the owners themselves must take the risk of exhibiting. Should any article be accidentally injured, damaged, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all the assistance in their power towards the recovery, but will not make any payments of the value or be otherwise liable.
• Notice is hereby given that the Officers and Directors of the Society will not be responsible in any way for accidents to spectators or others occurring on or near the fairgrounds, nor will they be responsible for any property damage which may occur.
• Additional information/rules exist in some Departments.
PRIZE LIST AND ENTRY TAGS