Blenheim Township School Fair
September 25, 2021
Pre-School to Grade 12
Open to all young people regardless of where they reside.
(held in conjunction with the Drumbo Fair)
Entry Rules & Guidelines for 2021
NEW!! Make all your School Fair entries Online at www.drumbofair.com by Saturday, September 18th
WHO CAN ENTER?
Blenheim Township School Fair is open to all young people, Preschool to Grade 12, no matter where you live.
WHAT MAY I ENTER?
You must enter your own original work. Parents and teachers may offer advice and encouragement only. All work must be completed since the previous fair. You may make only one entry in any class. Remember, no Lego, K'nex, Duplo, etc. is allowed.
WHAT GRADE DO I HAVE TO BE TO ENTER?
Entry levels are based on your Grade as of fair date. Some competitions have different age limits or additional rules. Check carefully as to where you may enter. Entries placed in the wrong age category will be disqualified.
IS THERE A CHARGE TO MAKE ENTRIES?
There is no entry fee for the Blenheim Township School Fair.
HOW DO I ENTER?
NEW!! Make all your School Fair entries Online at www.drumbfair.com by Saturday, September 18th
Entries will be received at the Fairgrounds on Monday, September 20th between 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm. A School Fair Tag must be filled in and attached to each of your entries before coming to the fairgrounds.
WHERE DO I PICK UP TAGS?
Contact Fair Secretary for information about obtaining entry tags or download tags from website.
WHEN DO I PICK UP MY ENTRIES?
Exhibits to be picked up between 9:00 am - noon on Sunday, September 26, 2021
IF I WIN PRIZE MONEY, WHERE DO I PICK IT UP?
Prize money for School Fair exhibitors will be available during pick up of your exhibits.
Fair directors shall take every precaution to secure the safety of the exhibits but cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
School Fair Department
BAKING - section "B"
- Cupcakes, homemade (3) decorated to look like insects. Name the insects.
- Decorated Ice-cream cone
- Rice Krispie Treats, any shape (3)
FLOWERS - section "F"
- Bouquet of Marigolds
- A Walk in the Country - in a unique container
- Bouquet of flowers for someone you love
PHOTOGRAPHY section "P"
- Photography is open Grade 3 to 8
- Just having fun
- Look what I found in the garden or on a walk
- My Best Friend (Pet)
VEGETABLES/FRUIT - section "V/F"
- Apples, variety to be named (5) on a plate
- Carrots, stems trimmed to ½” (3)
- Fattest Cucumber
- Tomatoes, large variety (3)
- Field Pumpkin
- Any vegetable from the garden not mentioned above, named on tag.
GRAIN & CORN - section "G/C"
- Sunflower, largest head
- Soybean Plant with the most pods. Write the number of pods on your entry tag.
- Corn - Longest Ear
HANDICRAFTS - section "H"
- Create a finger painting, can add salt, seeds, oatmeal, etc.
- Necklace - made from pasta and other materials
- Stuffed animal dressed to stay healthy and safe
JK & SK:
- Make a paper bag puppet of a dog
- On black paper print the word “Hallowe’en”
- Necklace - using beads, buttons, etc.
Grade 1 & 2:
- Collection from a walk - displayed in a shoebox/treasure box.
- Make a paper bag puppet of a witch
- Create a Hallowe’en mask
Grade 3 & 4:
- Decorate a toilet plunger to look like an animal. Any material may be used.
- 15 Hallowe’en words printed on orange paper - Judged on spelling & neatness.
- Collage of creepy crawlies
Grade 5 and 6:
- Decorate a toilet plunger to look like an animal. Any material may be added.
- Tissue paper stained glass mounted on black paper
- Decorate a hat or running shoe
Grade 7 & 8:
- Make a scrapbook page, your choice
- Half & half picture
- Make a Hallowe’en decoration