Drumbo Fair 2008 Ambassador Competition
Drumbo Agricultural Society invites all young males & females residing in the Drumbo Fair area to enter the Drumbo Fair Ambassador Competition
- Contestants must be 18-25 years old at the CNE, August 2009.
- Each contestant will be responsible for approaching a community organization to act as a sponsor.
- Contestants will be judged on their community knowledge and involvement, knowledge of agriculture, personality and presentation.
- There will be a personal interview with a panel of judges.
- Contestants will be expected to present a prepared speech, “The Importance of Small Town Fairs" and give a short impromptu speech at the time of judging, topics will be given at that time.
- Judging and interviews will take place on the evening of Friday, September 19th, beginning at 5:30 p.m. and throughout the evening ceremonies.
- All contestants will receive a memento of the occasion.
- All contestants are expected to be available to represent the Drumbo Agricultural Society on the three days of the fair. Activities may be assigned throughout the weekend for all contestants to participate in.
- The selected Drumbo Fair Ambassador will be expected to represent the Drumbo Agricultural Society throughout the year at various community agricultural events; the District Meeting in November 2008; the OAAS Convention in Toronto in February 2009 and the CNE “Ambassador of the Fairs", in August 2009.
Members of the community are encouraged to contact Wendy Palen to recommend contestants for this year’s Ambassador Competition.
Committee: Wendy Palen 519-425-1002, Judi Meadows, Laura Taylor