Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Norma Mordue, Judy Shaw, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor, Jane Van Weerdhuizen, Eileen Wilson
Entries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 Noon and remain until 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2009 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “HORSIN' AROUND AT THE FAIR”. Please include where possible.
Section 132-136 sponsored by Dennis, Linda & Craig Baker in memory of Roy C. Baker
- Horse(s) carved
- Any carved article
- Brain Teaser
- Towel Bar
- Child’s Toy
- Article of Wood turning
- Box or Container
- Any article crafted from wood - Horse theme
- Any article crafted from wood - Decorative
- Any article crafted from wood - Functional
- Plate Rail or Wall Shelf
- Quilt Stand
SPECIAL: Most creative woodworking entry, judge's choice. In memory of Rupert Elmes, donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00.
- Twig Article
- Wind Chimes
- Plant Container
- Birdhouse or Bird Feeder
- Decorative Yard/Garden Article
- Handcrafted Stepping Stone
- Outdoor Chair Cushion
- Patio Arrangement
- Patio Lantern
- Any handcrafted Garden Accessory, not listed above
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Theme for 2009 is "Horses". The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering a display representing their organization.
- Hobby Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Kenn and Jackie Howling.
- Antique Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Dave Johnson in memory of Shirley Johnson.