Baking, Canning, Etc. 2010
Committee: Jackie Rodger (Chair) 519-632-7500, Tillie Marshall, Maxine Hewitt, Marelene Perry
RULESEntries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 noon and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
No mixes or commercial fillings allowed.
All Bread and Loaves to be in plastic bags. Pan size for Loaves approximately 23x13x7.5 cm or 9’x5”x3”.
All cupcake and muffin papers to be removed.
Place smaller items, i.e. muffins, cookies, tarts, etc. on appropriately sized paper plate inside a ziplock bag.
Cakes to be removed from pan; place on sturdy base.
|30-37||Refer to each section|
Yeast Breads and Rolls
- Loaf of White Bread made in bread maker
- Banana Loaf, no artificial flavouring
- Lemon Loaf
- Display of 3 varieties of Muffins, 2 each
- Bran Muffins, 2
- Carrot Muffins, 2
- Scones with fruit, 3
- Tea Biscuits 3
- Butter Tarts, 5
- Cut out sugar cookies on plate, 3
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, baked, any kind, 6
- Peanut Butter Cookies, 6
- Date filled Oatmeal Cookies, 3
- Unbaked Squares, 3
- Unbaked Cookies, 3
- Brownies, 5
- Date Squares, 3
- Apple Pie
- Bumbleberry Pie (at least 3 fruits)
- Peach Pie
- Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie
- Coffee Cake
- Cupcakes, iced, 3
- Chocolate Fudge, plain, 5, 1” pieces
- Divinity Fudge, 5 pieces
- Almond Bark, 5 pieces
- Nuts & Bolts Mix, 1 cup
- Popcorn Balls on plate, 3
- Fresh Fruit Salad, 1 serving
- Victorian Tea Tray, suitable for ladies afternoon tea - items to be displayed on a tray. Must include a tea service. Judged for creativity, presentation, food and colour co-ordination. Sponsored by Blenheim Dumfries Farm Women’s Club. Judged on presentation only. 1st -$10.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00
- 9" pan of chocolate brownies, iced. Sponsored by Robert Jones Insurance. 1st-$5.00; 2nd-$3.00; 3rd-$2.00
- Any variety of Bread made in a bread maker. Sponsored by Ash Lawn Farm. 1st, $6.00; 2nd, $5.00; 3rd, $4.00
- Muffins, made using honey, 5, recipe to be attached. Sponsored by Honey House Apiaries, Plattsville. 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize of Honey
- Best Double Crust Elderberry Pie. (No commercial filling) Sponsored by Kobbler's Kitchen, Drumbo. 1st-$12.00; 2nd-$8.00; 3rd-$5.00
- Best Double Crust Apple Pie. (No commercial filling)Sponsored by Craig Baker. First prize retained by donor. 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00.
- Angel Cake, Glazed, not iced. Sponsored by Jackie Rodger. 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$8.00; 3rd-$7.00
- 60% Whole Wheat Bread Competition. Full loaf of bread to be entered. Include recipe. Winner of this class is eligible to enter the district competition. Pan size: 2OxlOx7cm to 23x13x7.5 cm (8x4x2.5” to 9x5x3”). 1st-$6.00; 2nd-$4.00; 3rd-$3.00
- Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam, cooked
- Raspberry Jam, cooked
- Strawberry Jam
- Mixed fruit, named
- Peach Jam
- Blueberry Jam
- Crab Apple Jelly
- Beets, Pickled
- Dill Pickles
- Nine Day Sweet Pickles
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- Any other Pickles, named
- Zucchini Relish
- Mild Chutney, named
- Hot Dog Relish
- Chili Sauce
- CHAMPION: Most Points in Class 80. Prize of $25.00 to the Exhibitor with the most points in Baking and Canning (must enter 10 entries). 2009 winner not eligible.
Sponsored by Edna Pipe.
Loaves, Muffins and Tarts
Cookies and Squares
One Piece Only (except in Section 34 & 35)
Cakes and Cupcakes
Candy and Snacks
(Organizations not eligible to enter specials)
Fasten entry tag securely on each jar with an elastic or string. Small preserving jars, not less than 6 oz (250 ml) with snap rings and lids - no quart jars.