Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie, Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Gary & Judy Stephenson, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen.
NOTE: NEW ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2011 Membership.
Section 120-124 sponsored by Dennis, Linda & Craig Baker in memory of Roy C. Baker. Section 125-131 sponsored by Drumbo Agricultural Society.
- Banana rack
- Set of coasters
- Toy or game
- Tie rack
- Lawn ornament
- Article of wood turning
- Box or container
- Scroll saw item
- Any article crafted from wood - Decorative
- Any article crafted from wood - Functional
- Child's toy, game or puzzle
- Plate or bowl
- Wooden bench
- Wind chimes
- Birdhouse or bird feeder
- Decorative yard/garden article
- Decorative stepping stone
- Garden sign
- Patio lantern
- Plant stand
- Gardener's apron
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Theme for 2011 is "Looking through the Barn Door". Minimum of 15 items. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering a display representing their organization.
- Hobby Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Kenn and Jackie Howling.
- Antique Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Dave Johnson in memory of Shirley Johnson.
THE RUPERT ELMES SPECIAL for the most creative woodworking entry. Judge's choice donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00.
Must be made by exhibitor