Handicrafts and Hobbies cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Gary & Judy Stephenson, Laura Taylor and Jane Van Weerdhuizen.
NOTE: ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
All pictures must be ready to hang.
ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
All exhibitors must have a 2012 Membership.
Section 115-119 sponsored by Dennis, Linda & Craig Baker in memory of Roy C. Baker. Section 120-126 sponsored by Drumbo Agricultural Society.
- Walking stick
- Bird house
- Lawn ornament
- Wooden block, designed. 5" x 5"
- Bread/cutting board
- Article of wood turning
- Box or container
- Scroll saw item
- Any article crafted from wood - Decorative
- Any article crafted from wood - Functional
- Wooden bench
- Birdhouse or bird feeder
- Decorative yard/garden article
- Functional yard/garden article
- Welcome sign (something new from something old
- Outdoor decoration
- Plant stand
- Gardener's apron
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Theme for 2012 is "Homemade Pies and Family Ties". Minimum of 15 items. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering a display representing their organization.
- Hobby Collection: A display of royal memorabilia, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Kenn and Jackie Howling.
- Antique Collection: A display of items, not to exceed 4' of table space. Sponsored by Dave Johnson in memory of Shirley Johnson.
THE RUPERT ELMES SPECIAL for the most creative woodworking entry. Judge's choice donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00 and rosette.
Must be made by exhibitor