Antiques and Nostalgia 2013
Committee: Laura Taylor (chair 519-463-5230), Linda Clare, Marilyn Murray, Lynn Stotesbury
Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- All exhibitors must have a current Membership.
- Antiques must be at least 75 years old.
- Exhibitors may only enter 1 entry in each section.
- Exhibitors must own the article exhibited.
- Historical interest and approximate age of item would be appreciated.
- Articles will be removed from display area only by DAS Directors.
- Exhibitors tags must be securely fastened.
- Items will be judged on age and condition
NOTE: We will do our best to return all entries in the condition in which you brought them. However, all antiques and nostalgia items are exhibited at the owner's risk.
Section 1 to 10 sponsored by Drumbo & District Heritage Society
- Milk can
- Cream can
- Milk pail
- Cream separator
- Milk stool
- Local milk bottle (1 quart)
- Local milk bottle (1 pint)
- Cream spoon
- Milk/cream pitcher
Section 11 to 20 sponsored by Barbara Blake in memory of Bernard Blake
- Butter churn
- Butter bowl
- Butter mold
- Butter paddle
- Cream skimmer
- Butter dish
- Butter knife
- Old photo which includes cows
- Dairy sign
- Dairy advertisement
"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Section 21 to 26 Sponsored by Phil Harmer and Janet Harmer in memory of their parents, Ray & Esther Harmer.
- Candlestick - brass
- Candlestick - silver
- Candlestick - glass
- Candlestick - wooden
- Coal oil lamp
"SPORTS" Section 27 to 29 Sponsored by Drumbo Old Boys Slo-Pitch. Items must not have been shown in this section before.
- Picture of a local sports team or individual - dates and names attached.
- Local sports award - medal, trophy, etc. - who, where,when.
- One piece of local sports equipment or uniform - date and owner.
PRE 1930 PHOTOS. Sponsored by Dennis & Linda Baker
- At work
- At play
- Family gathering
Section 33-34 Sponsored by Princeton & District Museum
- "A Stumper" - What is it? Stump the Judge! Identify the article and its use and place answer in attached envelope
- Postcard Collection (3) - Princeton and area.