Handicrafts and Hobbies 2013
Handicrafts, "Grandma's Linen Closet", Christmas, Udderly Fantastic, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
RULES *NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “DRUMBO FAIR - UDDERLY AMAZING!”. Please include where possible.
- Attach entry tags to entries.
- An article displaying counted cross stitch
- Shopping bag made of fabric
- Decorator cushion
- Handmade greeting card
- Homemade remote control caddy
- Scrapbooking Page - "Holiday"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Birthday or Anniversary"
- Scrapbooking Page – "Best Friends"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Special Moments"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Cows"
- Scrapbooking Page - "Grandchildren"
- Penmanship - write the following poem:
- "Hey diddle, diddle,
- The cat and the fiddle,
- The cow jumped over the moon;
- The little dog laughed
- To see such sport,
- And the cow ran away with the spoon."
- Handmade greeting card for an anniversary
- Rug, any medium
- Hand hooked rug
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Piece of handmade pottery
- Stained glass article
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar
- Two placemats
- Two pot holders
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Any article of felting
"Grandma's Linen Closet" - (not new work)
- Hand embroidered dresser scarf
- Tatted item
- Cross stitch item
- Monogram item
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor
- Ribbon wreath
- Tree ornament
- Handcrafted card
- Tree topper
- Runner or table topper
- Angel - any medium
- Christmas centrepiece
- Christmas placemats (2)
- Christmas apron
- Most uniquely wrapped gift
- Handmade Christmas gift bag
- SPECIAL: In memory of Jean Shoemaker by her family. A box, basket, pail, etc. decorated for Christmas and filled with non-perishable items. All entries to be donated to Domestic Abuse Services, Oxford. Prizes: 1st, $5.00; 2nd, $4.00; 3rd, $3.00 and $2.00 to all other entries.
MOST POINTS in Christmas Corner by Dennis and Linda Baker - $10.00
- T shirt, purchased, hand decorate with cow theme
- Cap, purchased,hand decorate with cow theme
- Jeans, purchased, hand decorate with cow theme
- Holder with dispenser for plastic bags
- Reusable shopping bag
- Reusable beach bag
- PJ Bottoms, cow pattern
- Vest - any medium