GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Annual Membership Fee for Members of the Drumbo Agricultural Society is $8.00
An exhibiting Member winning $15.00 or over in prize money, (except School Fair, Pet Show, 4-H,Youth and Open Horse Show) will have $8.00 deducted for the next year’s Membership Card.
An exhibitor may enter as many articles/exhibits as they wish, but only one article per section, except in specified Livestock Classes. School Fair, Pet Show and 4-H exhibitors may enter Adult (Open) classes, but will require a Membership Card.
An Organization, Club or Partnership may enter as ‘one exhibitor’ with a Membership Card. Prize money will go to the Organization, Club or Partnership.
A Membership Card allows the exhibitor to exhibit at the Drumbo Fair and one free admission to the current fair.
Animals or articles entered for competition must be the bona fide property of the person entering them, and with the exception of animals, must have been grown, produced, manufactured or made in the present year by the person or persons entering them, unless otherwise specified.
All exhibitors must abide by the rules of the Drumbo Agricultural Society.
ENTRY FORMS and TAGS
Exhibitors must list their entries on the printed form enclosed with the Prize List. Forms may also be downloaded. Entry Forms and tags will be available in early September at the following: Drumbo Variety, Blenheim District School, Plattsville Library, Innerkip, Plattsville and Princeton post offices and from the fair secretary.
All entry forms(other than livestock) must be completed and delivered to the secretary by 10:00 a.m. on the Friday of the Fair.
An entry tag will be supplied for each article, which must be attached to the article to serve as a means of identification at the Fair.
The Drumbo Agricultural Society is committed to the safeguarding of personal information collected from exhibitors and members in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Personal information collected will not be sold or disclosed.
- All entry fees are used for prize money.
- A 15% entry fee will be deducted from prize winnings in the Heavy Horse and the Beef Cattle Shows. In certain classes where an entry fee has already been paid, (e.g. Youth and Open Horse Show), no further deductions will be made.
- No entry fee will be deducted from 4-H exhibitors, unless they enter in the Adult (Open) classes of the Beef Cattle Show.
EXHIBIT PLACEMENT TIMES
- Entries (other than livestock)will be received on the Thursday from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Exhibits may be picked up between 4:30 p.m. & 5:30 p.m.
- Judging commences at 10:30 p.m. on the Friday of the Fair. The Exhibit Hall and Tent will be closed to the public during judging.
- All judges are highly qualified in their field and are independent of the Drumbo Agricultural Society.
- No one shall be allowed to influence the judge before or during the judging of a class. No person shall judge in any class in which he/she may be an exhibitor.
- Judges shall have discretionary powers to withhold any prize where they deem an article unworthy. Judges may disqualify soiled, defaced or old work.
- The decision of the Judge is FINAL in awarding prizes and no appeal shall be considered except in the case of a protest. All protests must be made in writing and be delivered to the Secretary-Treasurer during or before the close of the Fair. The cause of the protest must be clearly stated and accompanied by a deposit of $20.00 which sum shall be forfeited if the protest is not sustained. The Directors will decide in all cases and their decision will be final.
- Most Points are based on three points for first place, two points for second place and one point for third place. In School Fair most points are based on six points for first place, five points for second place, four points for third place, three points for fourth place, two points for fifth place and one point for sixth place. In the event of a tie for most points in a class, the prize will go to the entrant with the most first places, followed by most second.
PRIZE MONEY & AWARDS
- Prize money will be paid by cheque by November 1st
- All cheques issued in payment of prizes must be cashed by December 31st of same year or the exhibitor will forfeit the right to prize money.
- Prize money for School Fair exhibitors will be available in the School Fair Tent on the Sunday of the Fair between 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Special awards and trophies will be presented at the ‘Fair Appreciation Night’ to be held in October.
- In the case of bad or unfavourable weather, or other reasons causing the receipts to fall short of paying expenses and all prizes in full, a proportionate amount, exclusive of membership will be deducted from such prizes, to enable the Directors to balance the amounts collected, and not leave the whole sum to be a debt to bear heavily on the Society and thus impair its usefulness.
- In case there is an error in the printing of the Prize List, the Directors of the Society have the power to correct any errors.
- Hold Harmless Agreement: Upon making an Entry the Exhibitor shall indemnify and Hold Harmless the Drumbo Agricultural Society, their members, agents and employees from and against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, actions, suits or proceedings by any third parties that may arise out of, or may attribute to, all operations performed by or carried out by the Exhibitor, his agents, employees, or servants, or anyone for whose acts he may be held liable, howsoever caused.
- Diligence will be used by the Officers and Directors of the Society to ensure the safety of articles sent to the exhibition, and to prevent injury or loss to animals, but the owners themselves must take the risk of exhibiting. Should any article be accidentally injured, damaged, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all the assistance in their power towards the recovery, but will not make any payments of the value or be otherwise liable.
- Notice is hereby given that the Officers and Directors of the Society will not be responsible in any way for accidents to spectators or others occurring on or near the fair grounds, nor will they be responsible for any property damage which might occur.
- Additional information/rules exist in Cattle, Horse and other Classes.
PRIZE LISTS AND ENTRY TAGS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM:
Nellie Pynenburg, Secretary
Drumbo Agricultural Society
P.O. Box 37
Drumbo, ON NOJ 1GO