Handicrafts and Hobbies 2014
Handicrafts, Scrapbooking, "Grandma's Closet", Celebration Corner, Cats and Dogs, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
RULES *NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES
- Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “PAWS AHWILE AT THE DRUMBO FAIR!”. Please include where possible.
- Attach entry tags to entries.
- An article displaying counted cross stitch
- Fabric shopping bag
- Decorator cushion
- Handmade greeting card featuring cats and / or dogs
- Handmade birthday card
- Penmanship - write the following poem:
- "Hey diddle, diddle,
- The cat and the fiddle,
- The cow jumped over the moon;
- The little dog laughed
- To see such sport,
- And the cow ran away with the spoon."
- Doll - best dressed - handmade outfit
- Rug, any medium
- Hand hooked rug: primitive
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Piece of handmade pottery
- Stained glass article
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Trash to Treasure - decorative
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar - mounted
- Two placemats
- Two pot holders
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Handcrafted wedding favour
- Article of tole painting
- Fabric purse
- Embroidered pillow cases (2)
Scrapbooking - one page
- My vacation
- Birthday or Anniversary
- This is my town
- Special Moments
- Cats and Dogs
"Grandma's Closet" - (not new work)
- Lady's Hat
- Pillow Case
Celebration Corner sponsored by Willis United Church Women
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor
ST. VALENTINE'S DAY
- Greeting card
- Romantic table centre piece using candles and flowers
ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Shamrock hat
- Handcrafted scarf
- Easter bunny - any material
- Decorated egg in egg cup
- Handmade banner
- Any craft using a pumpkin
- A costume
- Decorated bag to take "Trick or Treating"
- Handmade stocking
- Table topper
MOST POINTS in Celebration Corner by Dennis and Linda Baker - $15.00
- SPECIAL: In memory of Jean Shoemaker by her family. A "Welcome Basket or Box" filled with non-perishable items. All entries to be donated to Domestic Abuse Services, Oxford. Prizes: 1st, $6.00; 2nd, $5.00; 3rd, $4.00 and $3.00 to all other entries.
Cats and Dogs
- Homemade dog treats (6). Include recipe
- Handcrafted toy for dog or cat
- A dog 'jacket'
- Hand decorated picture frame containing a picture of your dog or cat
- P.J. Bottoms
- A 'caddy' for electronic device(s)
- A Pet blanket
- A casserole carrier