Handicrafts and Hobbies 2014 cont'd
Spinning and Weaving
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Judy & Gary Stephenson and Laura Taylor.
NOTE ENTRY DATES and TIMES: Entries will be received on Thursday between 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 to 10:00 and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. Exceptions noted.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
- All exhibitors must have a 2014 Membership.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “Paws Awhile at the Drumbo Fair!"
Spinning and Weaving sponsored in memory of Edith McLaren.
- Spin a 2-ply yarn suitable for mitts. Do a 10 yard skein and a 6" x 6" sample or a finished article. Name the fibre.
- Spin a 2-ply yarn with a fibre suitable for edging on a guest towel. Do a 10 yard skein plus a minimum 12" length of edging or a completed article. Name the fibre.
- Weave a pair of potholders with a minimum size of 8" x8" using recycled materials. Name the fibres and the pattern.
- Weave an item for the home that is a minimum of 50% cotton. Name the fibres and pattern.
- Weave an article to be used while enjoying summertime. Name the article, fibre and pattern.
- Weave an article of your choice using the clasped weft (meet and greet) technique. Name the fibre.
- Make some felt and create a useful item. Name the fibres.