Handicrafts and Hobbies 2018 cont'd
Woodworking, Outdoor Items
Displays and Collections
Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463
NOTE: ENTRY DATES and HOURS: Entries will be received on Thursday between 2:30 to 8:30 p.m. and remain in place until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Exhibits must not have been entered before at Drumbo Fair.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- ORGANIZATIONS SHOWING A DISPLAY MUST ENTER IN THE OPEN CLASSES.
- All exhibitors must have a 2018 Membership.
- Foot stool
- Item turned on a lathe
- Item made with a router
- Functional item
- Decorative item
- Toy or game
- Any article not listed
"JUDGE"S CHOICE" for the most creative woodworking entry. In memory of Rubert Elmes. Donated by Martin & Eileen Hartig. $10.00 and rosette.
Must be made by exhibitor
- Wind chimes
- Bird house
- Outdoor feeder
- Garden ornament
- Welcome sign
- Any item not listed
- Open to any organization. Approximately 4' allotted for each display. Tell us about your organization - and what it does in the community. The name of the organization must be included. Each display will receive $25.00. No deductions but the organization must enter in the Open Classes.
- Open to any youth organization in Blandford-Blenheim Township or townships bordering same. Each club will be given $25.00 for entering. The club's display must also include their name.
- Theme "Country Harvest": Collection to include seasonal fruits and vegetables. Minimum of 10 items. Not to exceed 3' of table space.
Competition for Ages 9-21 only
- Craft promoting 4-H - using any medium, indoor or outdoor. e.g. quilt, garden sign, painting
Prizes 1st, $15; 2nd, $12; 3rd, $10; 4th, $8; 5th, $5
Sponsored by Oxford County 4-H Association