Committee: Eileen Hartig 519-463-5282, Marg Verkuil
Country Cupboard is sponsored in memory of Stuart Cowan.
ENTRY DATES and TIMES: All entries must be made online at www.drumbofair.com by Saturday, September 17, 2022. All items must have white entry tags attached before bringing them to the fairgrounds. Entries will be received Wednesday, September 21, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. and remain in place until Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
- All entries must be produced or made by the exhibitor
- Amateur entries only
- Apple butter - 250 or 500 ml in a sealed glass jar
- Maple Fudge - Made with maple syrup, 3 pieces
- Maple syrup - 250 to 500 ml in a sealed, clear glass container or bottle
- Any other syrup - 250 to 500 ml in a sealed, clear glass container or bottle
- Honey - 250 or 500 ml in a glass jar
- Fruit juice - 250 or 500 ml in a sealed glass jar. List fruit(s)
- Herbal or fruit vinegar - 250 or 500 ml bottle, label with name of herbs or fruit used and date of preparation
- Home-dried fruit - displayed in a glass jar. Attach list of ingredients
- Home-dried vegetables - displayed in a glass jar. Attach list of ingredients
- Any One Dried Herb - Labelled and packaged in a small preserves jar or spice bottle
- Smallest fowl egg. Label name of the breed on your entry tag
- Homemade soap, 2 bars
2. Bernardin Specials:
All entrants must use the sponsor's product.
- Bernardin Mason Jar & SNAP Lid Creative Craft Award: Best decorative or functional homemade craft made using a Bernardin mason jar(s) and/or 2-piece SNAP Lid (e.g. Potpourri, Candle, SnoGlobe). Prize: $20.00 Gift Certificate and a Rosette Ribbon.
- "Gift Pack" Competition: Create a Gift Pack for a special occasion. Must include at least 2 filled Bernardin mason jars sealed with Bernardin SNAP Lids. Maximum cost of container and components $40.00. Prize awarded based on creativity, visual quality of home canned product, perceived value and appropriateness of presentation. Your gift pack may include candles, candy, soup mixes, etc. - be creative with the contents and the container (does not have to be a basket). Judging will not include taste-testing. Prize: $20.00 Gift Certificate and a Rosette Ribbon.