Decorated Bale Competition
Help us advertise the Drumbo Fair
1st, $100.00; 2nd, $75.00; 3rd, $50.00
All entrants receive 2 passes to the 2008 Drumbo Fair.
No entry fee required
To register in the Competition or for any questions, contact
Eileen Hartig at (519) 463-5282
Sponsored by: Drumbo Agricultural Society,
Cathy Bechard, Blake Hughes, Joyce Kalbfleisch & the Bale Committee.
- Use any size of straw or hay bales. Extra props can be used as well as paint.
- Display must face a public road or street
- Decorate to this year’s fair theme “Our Fair’s For Ewe”.
- Suitable sign that includes the dates of the 2008 Fair: September 19,20 & 21, and also invites you to come to the 158th Drumbo Fair.
- Displays to be located within 10 km radius of the Drumbo Fair Grounds.
- Displays must be in place by September 7, 2008 and remain in place until September 21, 2008.
- Judging will take place on site during the week of September 8 to 12, 2008.
- Point System for Judging This Year:
20 - General Appearance: Attractive,neat, tidy, inviting
30 - Creativity, artistic details, work and effort involved
20 - Fair theme used/originality
20 - Visibility, making best use of area available
10 - Sign, how visible, correct dates and welcome to 158th Fair
Total Possible Points - 100
- Submit entries to Eileen Hartig by morning of September 8th, 2008. Include phone number to contact you and full address of your display site. (include 911 number)
- Photos of entries will be on display during the Fair. As well, a list of the decorated bale display locations will be available for those who wish to see the actual displays.
- Winners will be announced and prize money will be awarded during the opening ceremonies of the Drumbo Fair at the Drumbo Agricultural Hall on the evening of Friday, September 19th, 2008.
Most of all have fun!