Handicrafts and Hobbies
Handicrafts, "From Grandma's Linen Closet!", Christmas, Machine Sewing
Committee: Judi Meadows (Chair) 519-463-5463, Elaine Campbell, Linda Clare, Bonnie Csinos, Diane Helmuth, Noreen Jones, Vera Kirby, Norma Mordue, Rhonda Otte, Gary & Judy Stephenson, Jean Shoemaker, Laura Taylor, Jane Van Weerdhuizen, Eileen Wilson
- Entries close at 11:30 a.m. on the first day of the Fair and must be in place by 12:00 Noon and remain until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MUST HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
- Judges of this class are authorized by the directors of the Society to disqualify all old, soiled and defaced work, and instructed to award prizes to new and up-to-date work. In case of no competition, unless the work is worthy, the prize money will be withheld.
- All pictures must be ready to hang.
- Organizations Showing a Display Must Enter in the Open Classes.
NOTE: Our theme this year is “COME CELEBRATE - 160 YEARS!”. Please include where possible.
- Counted cross-stitch picture, framed, ready to hang
- Decorated T-shirt or sweatshirt
- Cushion, any medium
- Handmade greeting card
- Decorated lampshade
- Felting - a tote bag
- Scrapbooking Page - wedding theme
- Scrapbooking Page – birthday theme
- Scrapbooking Page - vacation theme
- Scrapbooking Page - baby theme
- Decorated treaure box
- Stuffed animal or toy
- Decorated picture frame
- Rug, any medium
- Any article completed with a needle & thread that incorporates beads and/or sequins
- Handmade article of jewellery
- Article of painted/glazed ceramics
- Trash to Treasure - decorative
- Trash to Treasure - useful
- Hand designed basket
- Three handmade articles for a bazaar
- Two placemats
- Two pot holders
- Party favour
- Article made of plastic canvas
- Needlepoint picture
- Any other article of needlepoint
Specials sponsored by Edith McLaren
"From Grandma's Linen Closet" - (not new work)
- Hand embroidered pillowcase
- Rug - hooked (not latch hook)
- Tatted item
- Smocked item
- Fancy lady's handkerchief
- SPECIAL: Poster or mounted display depicting your memories of Drumbo Fair. Sponsored by Global Village Women
- Front door decoration
- Tree ornament
- Handcrafted card
- Stocking for a child
- A gift basket suitable for a hostess gift
- Tree skirt
- Runner or table topper
- Traditional "Father Christmas"
- Scrapbooking page - "Christmas with the Family"
- Christmas placemats (2)
- Angel, any medium
- Handmade cloth gift bag
- Smocked Christmas ball
NOTE: Items must be the work of the exhibitor
MOST POINTS in Christmas Corner by Dennis and Linda Baker - $10.00
- BBQ Apron
- Set: Tea Cosy, Toaster Cover, Pot Holders
- Article from used material
- Casserole Carrier
- PJ Bottoms